Yannis Kabouris was born in Athens in 1962. He holds a Diploma on Electrical Engineering (1985) and a PhD (1992), both from the National Technical University of Athens.
From 1991 until 2001 he was working in the Public Power Corporation (PPC) - System Studies Department. He joined the Hellenic Transmission System Operator (HTSO) in 2001 and the Independent Power Transmission Operator of Greece (IPTO) in 2011.
He was an associate professor at the University of West Attica (2002 to 2011)
He has served in various positions in the electricity sector:
- Head of Development Studies Section HTSO S.A. (2001-2005)
- Assistant Director for System Planning Department HTSO S.A. (2005 – 2006)
- Director for System Planning Department HTSO S.A. (2006 – 2012)
- Director at the CEO office IPTO S.A. (2012 – 2015)
- Director of the Transmission System Planning Dept. IPTO S.A. (2015 – 2017)
- Chief Executive Officer (CEO) IPTO S.A. (Feb 2017 – June 2017)
- Member of BoD of IPTO S.A. (2017 – 2020)
- Chief Officer for Operation, Infrastructures and Market IPTO S.A (2017 – 2020)
- Member of BoD of HEnEX S.A. (2018)
He participated in several ENTSO-E bodies and activities (2000 to present):
- Member of SDC, SOC & RDIC,
- Convenor of RG-SEE
- Member of Grid Codes Working Groups; etc.
- Member of Ten Year Network Development Planning Group,
- Investigation of 4th November 2006 event (head of study team for SEE)
Currently, he is Director for Foreign Affairs in IPTO, BoD Chairman and CEO of SEleNe CC and Vice President of MeD-TSO.
His main fields of expertise include Power System studies and Analysis (static and dynamic), Generation and Transmission Planning, Integration of renewables into power systems, Development of Interconnectors, Generation adequacy, Market development and operation, Energy Management systems and Control Centers, National and International Electricity Market Regulation and Research & Development strategies. He has published more than 150 papers on the above mentioned topics. He has also participated in more than 40 international research projects.
He is the Chairman of the CIGRE National committee of Greece. He is a member of CIGRE and IEEE. He gained the SWAN PREMIUM AWARD (2002).
Friday session II
Panel: Regional coordination in South East Europe
Tahir Kapetanović, Chair of the System Operation Committee, Head of System Operation and Vice President International, APG - Moderator
Duško Tubić, Director, SCC Ltd.
Yannis Kampouris, President & CEO, SEleNe CC
Enrico Carlini, Grid Planning, Interconnections and Permitting, Director at Terna
Zoran Vujasinović, Policy Officer - Market Codes Electricity, ACER
Jasmina Trhulj, Head of Electricity Unit, EnCS
Professor Arthouros Zervos, President of REN21